As the Interim Campus Director, you will lead a team of driven first- and second-year educators as well as committed volunteers to deliver an engaging and rigorous educational program for middle school students. The Campus Director is the “principal” of the Citizen Schools’ program, working closely with the school principal to align on what serves the school’s students best. As the steward of program support and data management you will oversee and manage a small cohort of Teaching Fellows as an instructional coach by observing them regularly in classrooms and managing them on regional projects.
We seek a stellar leader that can serve in an interim capacity to a fully formed school-based team. You will pick up where the current Campus Director left off to guide the team and partner with the school leadership team, as needed, to continue critical work engaging students. You will be an ideal candidate for this position if you are an individual who takes personal ownership for results, has a track record of managing adults to achieve big goals, even in the face of challenges. We value the experience of teachers and instructional coaches with a track record of driving strong student outcomes. The ability to model Citizen Schools’ core values: Confidence, Curiosity, DEI, Perseverance, and Teamwork.
The Interim Campus Director is a part-time role with a maximum of 25 hours per week and reports directly to the Managing Director, ELT. A core element of this work is building a deep partnership with the Westlake Senior Campus Director, including weekly check-ins for individual and team support. This role is based in Oakland at Greenleaf Middle School with access to a regional office in Redwood City. During COVID-19, there is flexibility to work from home or report to campus as we seek to understand school reopening plans and CDC guidelines. There is a possibility you will be asked to report to work in schools to meet our district partnership requirements. This position is a part of the Extended Learning Time (ELT) team.
Serving as a member of the Citizen Schools team means working in a fast-paced environment that values learning and an entrepreneurial approach. Knowing its importance to the success of our work, Citizen Schools is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we aspire to build a diverse team across our network. Please be sure to submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and our organization. We appreciate your time and will review and respond to all applications received.
- Program Quality - Continue supporting a strong partnership with school administration and Citizen Schools staff to share and analyze data from student assessments in order to drive student achievement. Set meaningful individual and team goals and create concrete plans to attain them.
- Operations Management - Program schedule, and student data. Ensure safety of all program participants and compliance with all Citizen Schools policies, state and local standards, and grant mandates.
- Instructional Leadership - Serve as the primary instructional leader for the Citizen Schools program at Greenleaf Middle School. Model high-quality teaching, conduct consistent classroom observations, and provide constructive feedback to staff and volunteers.
- Campus Culture - Develop and support a strong, positive campus culture by acknowledging achievement and growth. Create team norms based on a strengths-based, inclusive approach, engaging students, staff, volunteers, families, and school partners.
- Stakeholder Management - Continue and build upon the effective family engagement and communication strategies that support the development of meaningful relationships. Maintain strong relationships with families, colleagues, partner organizations, and school staff and administration to support student growth and hold students to consistently high expectations .Maintain accurate campus information including contact information, campus calendars, campus schedules.
- Leadership Presence - Inspire others by modeling outstanding performance and calm under pressure. Express confidence in self and others, as well as a strong belief in the Citizen Schools program as a vehicle for student success. Relentlessly focus on goals and the vision for sustained success.
- Program Support & Data Management - Collect and track student data in order to make decisions for individual students and the program. Oversee all region-wide program data entry processes in partnership with campus teams ( knowledge of Salesforce). Oversee TF hours and manage timekeeping approval and reporting processes in collaboration with the payroll team.
WHAT WE SEEK
- Educational Leadership. Educators with a track record of driving strong student outcomes, with a strong preference for experience with middle school students. At least one year of experience providing coaching and/or mentorship to new teachers. Coaching skills and ability to provide and receive constructive feedback
- Inspiration. Leaders with demonstrated success in moving a team towards achieving goals through culturally-responsive teaching and student support.
- Achievement. Goal-oriented drivers who take personal ownership for results and have a track record of overcoming barriers to achieve ambitious outcomes.
- Community. Mobilizers who believe education is vital and requires community-wide support.
- Team Building. Leaders with a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with staff and external partners. An affinity for creating buy-in from multiple stakeholders.+2 years experience working with youth, middle school youth. Commitment to teamwork and collaboration with diverse groups of people
- At least two years of experience leading a K-12 classroom
- At least four years of professional, post-undergraduate experience required
- At least one year of experience managing or leading a group of adults towards measurable outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a relevant subject preferred.
- Spanish language skills are highly preferred