The Director of Corporate Engagement (DCE), working on a cross-functional team, will drive new corporate partnership and business development, explore and secure new corporate funding opportunities and diversify corporate apprenticeship experiences for students. You will closely partner with the Citizen Schools New York Civic Engagement team to support volunteer engagement at Citizen Schools New York, stewarding the recruitment of new volunteers and retention of current volunteers from corporate partners and ensuring a positive, impactful experience for both volunteers and students. The DCE will also be an innovator, creatively seeking and designing new ways to engage corporate partners in the Citizen Schools model. The DCE will also collaborate with the national External Engagement Team to drive new and existing corporate funding to support our work in NY while also working closely with the NY Civic Engagement team to ensure that volunteer satisfaction is high.
We are looking for a relentlessly results-oriented, ambitious, and charismatic networker who never turns down an opportunity to “get to yes.” This person will bring experience in sales, partnership building, fundraising, and/or relationship/account management to support the sustainability and growth of Citizen Schools signature volunteer engagement programs.
- New Corporate Partnership Building and Development (35%)
- Serve as a portfolio manager for new corporate volunteer and funding opportunities in New York, independently leading from the identification stage through stewardship.
- Diversify corporate partnership portfolio to better reflect student interests, the communities we serve, and the city landscape. This should include but not be limited to: cultivating and converting partners from a range of industries such as media, entertainment, marketing, and technology.
- Corporate Fundraising and Portfolio Management (35%)
- Increase opportunities for funding through new and existing corporate partnerships and dedicated Citizen Teacher donor base
- Partner closely with the Chief External Engagement Officer, Director of External Engagement, and Executive Director to identify, cultivate, and convert high leverage, potential corporate partners. This includes:
- Partner with Director of External Engagement to solicit sponsorships from corporate partners and prospects to the annual WOW! Now breakfast, scheduled for June 11, 2019
- Identify and cultivate corporate leaders from corporate partner portfolio to serve on leadership bodies include Citizen Schools National Board of Directors and Citizen Schools New York Board of Advocates. Co-lead the Citizen Schools NY Board of Advocates in partnership with the Director of External Engagement, to drive growth with existing and new corporate networks through current Board members
- Collaborate with Citizen Schools grant writing team to produce high quality written reports and proposals to corporate investors
- Partner with marketing team to recognize corporate partners in social media, through blog posts and other traditional media channels
- Develop and execute a strategy to engage existing corporate and small business funders (including partners such as Google, Amazon, and Capital One, etc), upgrading gifts and increasing volunteer pipelines
- Corporate Partnership Volunteer Recruitment and Stewardship (30%)
- Work with the Civic Engagement Manager and Coordinator to:
- Set and collectively meet annual volunteer recruitment targets
- Manage the placement process for corporate volunteers
- Steward and engage corporate partners and their individual employees to build an ongoing volunteer pipeline
- Conduct site visits to observe program experience and build rapport with volunteers with a strategic set of corporate partners
- Maintain touchpoints with lapsed corporate partners and work to re-invigorate and re-engage them whenever possible
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong alignment to the Citizen Schools mission and desire to serve the needs of students in high-needs communities
- 5+ years in corporate partnership management and/or corporate social responsibility and/or corporate employee engagement
- Ability to balance big-picture, goal-driven focus with attention to detail
- Proven track record as a partnership builder and relationship manager
- Proven track record of turning strategic thinking and planning into successful outcomes
- Proven ability to cultivate and convert companies into both volunteer partners and donors/sponsors
- Systems-thinker who can operate within and improve upon existing processes
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others, with a keen understanding of how to impact mindset, as well as knowledge and skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a sophisticated understanding of how to convey complex topics to a variety of audiences, toggling effectively between corporate audiences and school-based instructional and operational personnel
- Exceptionally strong project management skills; proven ability to develop and execute complex volunteer recruitment and corporate fundraising plans, with a fierce detail-orientation
- Excellent time management and organization to efficiently manage multiple tasks/priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Solution-focused individual and collaborative partner
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to model Citizen Schools’ core values: Pride, Joy, Respect, Courage, Teamwork, Perseverance, and Vision
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required; relevant advanced degree preferred
- Salesforce and Google Suite experience a plus
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary range is commensurate with experience. Full benefits include health care, 403B, three-week vacation, and extensive training and professional development opportunities.
ABOUT CITIZEN SCHOOLS:
All children deserve the opportunity to discover and achieve their dreams. Citizen Schools makes this possible for thousands of high-need middle school students nationwide through partnerships with public districts in 15 schools in 3 states that extend the school day and introduce volunteer and paid adults to increase hands-on learning opportunities. Extended Learning Time or ELT is an evidence-based model, that consistently accelerates the rate of student learning, reduces absenteeism, leads to more students reaching grade-level proficiency, and prepares students for college and beyond. You can review our results at http://bit.ly/CSresults13 or see our impact first hand through the story of one of our students.
We are on a mission to reimagine the learning day, and with partners like Cisco, Fidelity, Biogen, and AmeriCorps, we are getting closer to closing the opportunity & achievement gaps every day.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT: Citizen Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, cultural heritage, ancestry, political belief, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability or veteran status. Citizen Schools is compliant with the American with Disabilities Act and we are committed to making special accommodations for your interview or work as a member of our team. If specific accommodations are needed, please contact us and we will work to accommodate your needs.