Professional Development Coordinator, MA
As Professional Development Consultant, you will develop and facilitate program strategy to increase student achievement; deepen school and community partnerships; support and retain talented staff and service members, and collaborate with the Executive Director on overall organizational strategy. Together you will work to leverage the success of Citizen Schools in order to make the case for various models as an effective model for school turnaround and support. You should be a proven instructional leader who is passionate about improving achievement for students and training and inspiring new educators. This is a contract position and reports to the Executive Director
The intended outcomes of having such a position would be:
- Staff and service member satisfaction increases as everyone gains more clarity on what is expected of them and receive the onboarding, training and development resources necessary to create positive change.
- Students, school partners, and parents will witness and experience a more cohesive program across all campuses.
- Students, parents, and partners will see and understand the value and impact of our work and will desire for more rather than less
- Campus Directors and Teaching Fellows will feel more connected by the similarities that are shared around structure and practice and therefore realize the program is bigger than the individual campus
- Student engagement, social-emotional skills, and program quality will increase as a result of increased understanding of student needs, sharing of best practices, and use of data to drive decision making.
Program Quality & Support
- Work with the Executive Director to create and execute an annual professional development calendar for the program staff with a minimum of monthly all staff training and development
- Work with the Campus Directors to create a campus-specific professional development framework and plan for Teaching Fellows and Associates.
- Facilitate regular opportunities for Campus Directors to observe each other and share successful best practices
- Design and coordinate bi-monthly in-service training for Teaching Fellows and campus leadership in collaboration with the Program Manager and Executive Director
- Spend quality time at each campus, observing the successes and challenges of our program implementation as well as the fidelity of the program to the Citizen Schools standards. Develop a deeper knowledge of resources and needs
- Collaborate with Talent Business Partner to facilitate new staff and service-member onboarding
- Serve as campus sub as needed
- Coordinate a monthly newsletter to all regional staff members
Data to Action
- Collect and analyze regional performance data, including classroom observation notes and quarterly evaluations, to determine trends and indicators of program quality
- Revise and coordinate with Program Manager to disseminate, collect and analyze surveys (family, SEL, student, SPHR, monthly Staff) and Americorps compliance.
- Position Timeline: January 6 - June 5, 2020
- Contract amount: $20,000
- Estimated 20-25 hours/week;
- Monday through Thursday includes planning/meeting with regional leaders and program observations (Priority for observations on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30-5pm)
- Friday- Leading, facilitating, and/or supporting professional development for staff and Americorp service members
- At least five years of experience as a middle school classroom teacher or leader.
- At least three years of experience managing a team of adults towards measurable outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree required
For more information please contact Dawn Foye, Talent Business Partner, or Vanessa Bishop, Executive Director-MA